Apple Watch is the most popular smart watch in the market.
How do you build apps with watchOS for this popular gadget?
Where do you begin building watchOS apps the declarative and modern way?
Meet watchOS With SwiftUI by Tutorials! 📘
Our watchOS With SwiftUI by Tutorials is here to help you build watchOS apps for Apple Watch, with SwiftUI—Apple’s declarative and modern UI framework.
Who Is This Book For?
If you’re a beginner or intermediate developer and want to develop watchOS apps in a declarative and modern way with SwiftUI, this book is for you.
What’s Inside the Book?
This first edition of watchOS With SwiftUI by Tutorials kicks off with the basics of watchOS, and then dives deep into more complex things you can do with watchOS.
Section I: watchOS With SwiftUI
There’s one section in this book and it’s packed with 16 chapters. You’ll learn about:
- watchOS App Project Structure
- Using the Digital Crown
- Watch Connectivity
- watchOS App Lifecycle
- Watch Face Sharing
- Signing In With Apple Watch
Here’s a sneak peek at Pawsome, the app you’ll be building to practice implementing notifications in watchOS:
What Do You Need?
To follow along with this book, you’ll need the following:
- A Mac running macOS Monterey (12.0) or later.
- It is strongly recommended to have an Apple Watch with watchOS 8.0 or higher.
- Xcode 13.1 or later. Xcode is the main development tool for iOS. You’ll need Xcode 13.1 or later to make use of SwiftUI and the latest features explained throughout the book. You can download the latest version of Xcode from Apple’s developer site here: apple.co/2asi58y — If you have an Apple Developer account, you can also download any Xcode version here: apple.co/3GWcz96.
How to Get Your Own Copy
There are two ways you can get this book:
- Buy it individually: If you want to build up a custom library without a subscription, you can choose to buy the book individually. It’s available now for just $59.99 in our online store.
- Get it as part of our Pro subscription: Enjoy access to our videos and mobile development books in our Ultimate Pro subscription, including watchOS With SwiftUI by Tutorials! Right now, you can get a full year’s subscription and save 20% off the cost of a regular monthly subscription. It’s simply the best investment for your development career.
We hope you enjoy this book! Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Say Hi to our Team! 👋
Meet the awesome folks who contributed to this book…
Scott Grosch [Author]: Scott Grosch has been involved with iOS app development since the first release of the public SDK from Apple. He mostly works with a small set of clients on a couple large apps. During the day, Scott is a Solutions Architect at a Fortune 500 company in the Pacific Northwest. At night, he’s still working on figuring out how to be a good parent to a toddler with his wife.
Pablo Mateo [Final Pass Editor]: Pablo Mateo is the final pass editor for this book. He is Delivery Manager at at one of the biggest Banks in the world, and was also founder and CTO of a Technology Development company in Madrid. His expertise is focused on web and mobile app development, although he first started as a Creative Art Director. He has been for many years the Main Professor of the iOS and Android Mobile Development Masters Degree at a well-known technology school in Madrid (CICE). He has a masters degree in Artificial Intelligence & Machine-Learning and is currently learning Quantum Computing at MIT.
Nick Rogness [Tech Editor]: Nick Rogness is a tech editor for this book. He has been writing code professionally since 2004 and an iOS developer since iOS 9. He looks for any reason to get outdoors, running, biking, hiking, camping, whatever it takes.
Piotr Fulmanski [Tech Editor]: Piotr Fulmanski is a tech editor for this book. Piotr has been working at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Lodz since 2001 where he teaches various computer science subjects. When he is not preparing materials for his students, he runs in the forest or makes toys for his children. He spends his vacation in the mountains with his family.
April Rames [Editor]: April Rames is the english language editor for this book. April is a former high school English and theatre teacher and director. When not volunteering at her daughters’ schools, she usually spends her time being asked to pretend to be a unicorn, zombie princess or super hero. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, making pasta and exploring the Gulf Coast with her family.
Start Reading for Free Today
This newly-updated edition of watchOS With SwiftUI by Tutorials is out now—and what’s more, you can start reading the book for free:
This updated version of watchOS With SwiftUI by Tutorials has been automatically added to the collections of all Ultimate Pro subscribers.
On behalf of the book team, we hope this book helps you learn watchOS apps with SwiftUI, the declarative and modern way!