iOS Conferences for Mobile Developers in 2023
As a mobile developer, attending conferences is a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in the industry. Conferences provide a unique opportunity to connect with other professionals in your field, learn from experts and gain new insights into emerging technologies.
One of the biggest advantages of attending conferences as a mobile developer is the chance to expand your network. Meeting other developers, industry leaders and potential employers can lead to valuable connections and opportunities down the line. Attending conferences can also be a great way to gain exposure for your own work, whether through presenting a talk or demo, or simply by getting to know others in your field.
In addition to networking, conferences offer a wealth of knowledge and expertise. By attending talks, workshops and panel discussions, you’ll gain new insights into industry trends and emerging technologies — and you’ll learn new skills that can help you take your mobile development to the next level. You may also have the opportunity to participate in hands-on training or workshops, which can be a great way to deepen your knowledge and refine your skills in specific areas of interest.
Kodeco’s Big List of iOS Conferences for 2023
If you’re looking for great iOS conferences to attend in 2023, here’s a great place to start:
- Apprise Conf: Covers mobile tech topics in two simultaneous tracks: one for more soft/visionary/inspirational subjects, and the other for more deep dive/hardcore tech and code subjects. The program tracks will include iOS, Android and cross-platform development and various other mobile-related topics. March 23, 2023 in Oslo, Norway.
- NYSwifty: April 18–19, 2023 in New York City.
- Deep Dish Swift: April 30–May 2, 2023. Single-track, three days in suburban Chicago. Organized by Josh Holtz of RevenueCat. First-day workshops will focus on indie development.
- Swift Heroes: May 4–5, 2023 in Turin, Italy
- plSwift: May 30–May 31, 2023 in Warsaw. Will run alongside plDroid. From the same organizers as NYSwifty.
- WWDC: This year’s Apple Worldwide Developer Conference dates have not yet been announced, but the expectation is it will begin either Monday, June 5 or the following Monday, June 12, 2023 and continue until Friday of that week. If Apple retains last year’s format, expect a hybrid conference with in-person and online community events as well.
- Swift TO: August 10-11, 2023 in downtown Toronto, Canada. Celebrate Swift and its passionate developer community in Greater Toronto and beyond.
- SwiftConf: August 16–17, 2023 in Cologne, Germany. Started as ObjCGN in 2012, this small, international developer conference “focuses on Swift and the whole ecosystem around it.”
- iOSDevUK: September 4–7, 2023 in Aberystwyth, UK.
- try! Swift NYC: September 5–7, 2023. This popular community conference returns to New York City this fall with a single conference day followed by two days of workshops.
- Swift Island: September 5–6, 2023. Play with the betas, APIs and frameworks announced at WWDC in guided, hands-on sessions on an actual island in the Netherlands.
- Macoun: September 23–24, 2023. This German-speaking conference describes itself as “from the community for the community” and focuses on speakers with practical experience, a great learning experience and a low price for everyone. It covers everything to do with programming Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches. Held in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- SwiftLeeds: October 9-10, 2023. Coming up on its third year, this inclusive, volunteer-run conference in the heart of Leeds will now expand to two days.
- NSSpain is another long-running well known iOS conference held in Logroño. This year, NSSpain XI will be held from September 14–15.
- #Pragma Conference 2023: The Italian Apple Developers Conference will be held in Bologna, Italy from October 5-6.
DO iOS: DO iOS 2023 will be held in Amsterdam from November
8-9. It’s organized by the CocoaHeadsNL foundation.
- BA: Swiftable: This Buenos Aires, Argentina-based iOS conference recently announced plans to return in November, 2023. Follow @baswiftable on Twitter for updates.
- try! Swift Tokyo: Dates are still to be determined, but updates will be added at the linked blog.
- iOS Conf SG: Plans for 2024 have not yet been announced, but 2023’s conference was held in Singapore in mid-January.
Hoping to be a speaker? Conferences accepting talks will link to where you can submit your ideas to their CFP — Call for Proposals. You can also find open CFPs via PaperCall.io’s event directory. Starting to speak at conferences or even at smaller, local meetups can be a great way to build your personal brand. Learn more about this in Kave Bulambo’s Why Even Successful Software Engineers Need Personal Branding.
Thanks to Susannah Skyer Gupta for putting together the original list of great conferences!
Are you running an iOS conference you’d like to add? Did we overlook your favorite iOS event? Leave a comment in the forum below and we might add it to the list!